International Logistic – also called us Global logistics. It is the practice of logistics across international boundaries. It is the process of planning and managing the flow of goods and products in your company’s supply chain from acquisition to customer purchase, where part of the process involves crossing at least one international border.
Challenges of Global Logistics – Decision regarding international transportation are much more complicated. The number of intermediaries involve in greater while the inherent risk of international transportation are much more significant. International insurance is much more complex and means of payment are more complicated. Terms of trade are also complicated.
- Globalization helped in doing the business beyond the national boundaries.
- Internet has made easier to do the business across the globe
- Cargo movements needs to be done physically using available means of transport
- Speed and efficiency in the movement of goods focused is more
- Physical movement of cargo, intermediaries, freight forwarders, customs is indispensable.